- To join the conversation, FOLLOW AtoZrunning.
- Listener shoutout: Anne, @margsandmarathons comment about last week’s episode
- Thanks to Nuun for the listener-only giveaway (hint- rate and leave a review about the A to Z Running Podcast on Apple Podcast or Facebook). We will be running this contest for one more week.
WORLD OF RUNNING
- At the AG Memorial Van Damme Diamond League meeting in Brussels on September 4th, Faith Chepng’etich will be attempting the 1000m world record.
- At the same event, both the men’s and women’s 1 hour world record will be attempted.
- USA Road Mile Championships
- Oliver Hoare wins mile at South Carolina Trackfest by 5 secs, 3:53.35
MAIN TOPIC: CREATIVITY ON THE RUN
Training the brain to find joy on the run is an important tool as a distance runner. Brittany Charboneau, also known as the Funny Runner, uses creativity on the run.
During this episode, Brittany shares some out-of-the-box tactics for staying engaged and full of joy. As a comedian, artist, and pro runner, you know you will be entertained and inspired.
As promised here is one of Brittany’s latest creations.
View this post on Instagram
About our guest
- 13th at the 2020 Olympic Trials Marathon in a time of 2:33:14
- Pikes Peak Marathon Champion
- Fastest Known Time on the 27-mile Four Pass Loop in Aspen
- 10th American woman in the TCS New York City Marathon in 2018
LIMITED TIME OFFER: If you are a subscriber, you will get “Running Foundations: 3 Keys to Thriving” when it goes live. Subscribe HERE.