On this week’s episode we spoke with professional distance runner Futsum Zeinasellasie. Zeinasellasie gives insight and stories as he shares about progress over perfection in running.
Stick around after that great conversation about the World of Running.
MAIN TOPIC: PROGRESS OVER PERFECTION.
Main Topic: Progress over Perfection
Consistency over time requires us to pursue progress over perfection. Professional runner and US national 10-mile champion shares his running journey and insights.
About our Guests: Futsum Zeinasellassie
In college he ran for Northern Arizona University where he broke the Eritrean National records in the indoor 800m and 5000m.
Zeinasellassie currently represents the USA.
Zeinasellassie has many top 15 finishes at USATF championships including runner up at the 2022 Half-Marathon Championships and the national champion in the USATF 10 Mile Championship. He was also the runner up at the 2021 USATF 25k Championships.
Recent distance PRs
10k – 28:55 (2022)
15k – 43:27 (2022)
10 mile – 46:53 (2022)
Half Marathon – 1:01:21 (2021)
Follow Futsum: @bigfoot_sum
WORLD OF RUNNING
World of Running
#1. Women’s Fastest Marathon Debut Record Broken
- If we weren’t already impressed with the depth of field on the women’s marathon scene, the new fastest marathon debut record at the Amsterdam Marathon.
- Almaz Ayana won and broke the record in 2:17:20.
- Ayana won world 5000m gold in 2015 and the world 10,000m title in 2017 as well as Olympic 10,000m gold in a world record in 2016
- Yalemzerf Yehualaw held the record previously in 2:17:23 achieved in Hamburg in April.
#2. 2021 Boston Marathon champ Diana Kipyokei suspended
- Kipyokei, 28, won the 2021 Boston Marathon and was suspended for testing positive at the race for triamcinolone acetonide, a glucocorticoid that is banned in-competition.
- Her agent admitted she is guilty and gave an apology, “Diana is completely guilty. I am sorry. She has done something very bad.”
- Triamcinolone acetonide can be used to reduce inflammation but it also has the potential to be abused as a performance-enhancing drug as it can help athletes lose weight, build muscle, and increase endurance.
#3. Last week’s news: CJ Alberton broke the 50k World record.
- CJ Albertson clocked 2:38:43* to break the world 50km record at the Ruth Anderson Memorial Endurance Run in San Francisco on Oct 8th.
- He took 90 seconds off the previous record of 2:40:13 achieved by Stephen Mokoka in March.
- 5:05 per mile on the 4.5-mile loop course.
Interested in a training plan and/or coaching? We offer personalized support to help you achieve your goals!