In this episode of the A to Z Running Podcast, runners get their questions answered about HR data, pacing charts, & nagging injuries
- FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE
- Thanks for joining in on the conversation on social media. Please say hello if you see us at races!
- Andi on The Passionate Runner Podcast with Whitney Heins.
- Check out our new merchandise!
- Around West Michigan on April 22nd? Sign up for Rivertown Races! Use code: AtoZ10
MAIN TOPIC: RACE DISTANCE, DOWN WEEKS, AND TRAIL RUNNING
Main Topic: Listener Q & A
Runners get their questions answered about HR data, pacing charts, & nagging injuries. Tune in for this week’s Q & A episode!
WORLD OF RUNNING
World of Running
- Madeline ran first 8k after first baby
#1. Fascinating look at Australia’s best marathoners
- Questions about their favorite sessions… (like workouts)
- Lee Troop: All-out hills (when you’re done, you’re done)
- Lisa Weightman: 4x1600m “a good mix of speed and strength”
- Pat Carroll: 15min all-out: “started at the same spot, always knew my records”
- Benita Willis: “6x2km on the track with very short recovery and the pace of each 2km got faster and faster. At the end, I’d run a flat out 1km”
#2. Camille Herron again–48hr record
(Source: Athletics Weekly)
- 270.5 miles… on a track
- Previous record only 6 weeks old; broke it 45 hours in and put 3 more hours into the record
- Overall average 10:40/mi, includes a few 10-20min naps
- Opened up in a 3:30 marathon
- (3rd best individual in the world–men and women; 2 men only have run further)
#3. Other Things
35k walk WR (women)–(source: World Athletics)
- Kimberly Garcia (Peru) averaging about 22:30 per 5k
- Walking just over 7 min/mile
Russia ban lifted–(source: World Athletics)
- 7 year doping ban
- 35 Special Conditions: things like
- Monthly reports, biannual visits (inspections)
- Annual audits on short notice
- Share meeting minutes; approve administration
- Mandatory annual ethics training for RusAF employees
- Must create an incentive program for whistleblowers
- Disciplinary commission needs to be fair and impartial
- Get this! If they happen to find that apparently lost data, they need to hand it over
- HOWEVER… they still can’t participate because Ukraine… “for the foreseeable future”
Nate Martin ran a PR HM winning Trials of Miles half–1:02:41
Andrea Pomaranski won her first US title in the 50k champs
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!