- Follow and Subscribe (on YouTube or your favorite podcast platform)
- Comment from Corey on instagram, “Hot episode, Charlene was dropping diamonds.” (Check out the episode with Charlene here.)
- Product Feature: Hyperice
WORLD OF RUNNING
- The Marathon Project
- The December 20 race in Chandler, Ariz. featuring world-class fields will be shown live on USATF.TV and in primetime on the NBC Sports Network.
- Former guests
- Top 4 Female Entrants
- Sara Hall, USA – 2:22:01
- Kellyn Taylor, USA – 2:24:29
- Emma Bates, USA – 2:25:27
- Stephanie Bruce, USA – 2:27:47
- Diane Nukuri, USA – 2:27:50
- Top 4 Male Entrants
- Amanuel Mesel, Eritrea – 2:08:17
- Jose Antonio Uribe Marino, Mexico – 2:08:55
- Scott Fauble, USA – 2:09:09
- Jared Ward, USA – 2:09:25
- Cam Levins, Canada – 2:09:25 (National Record)
- Reid Buchanan, 61:45- Fastest half marathon time of all the debut marathoners
- The race will begin at 10:00 a.m., ET with live coverage beginning on USATF.TV+ at 9:45 a.m. with Paul Swangard, Desiree Linden and Bernard Lagat bringing you the action. There will be a 90-minute replay of the race on NBCSN in primetime from 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. ET.
New American High School Girl’s Record
- Jenna Hutchins ran 15:34.47 for 5,000 meters breaking Katelyn Tuohy‘s US high school girls record of 15:37.12 at the Five and Dime Athletics Meeting in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1klNmZ1CBU0&feature=emb_err_woyt
News about the Tokyo Olympics
- Domestic sponsors already have contributed a record $3.3 billion to help pay for the Tokyo Olympics. That’s at least twice as much as any previous games. But Tokyo will need more.
- Domestic sponsors make up about 60%.
MAIN TOPIC: Why Does Nutrition Matter for Running?
You’ve heard it said that food is fuel. As runners we take our equipment many miles so we must fuel the machine properly. Our bodies use all three macros for basic function (carbs, fats, and proteins) as well as many mirco nutrients. We invited Meghann Featherstun to join us not only as a nutrition expert, but also a runner.
About our guest: Meghann Featherstun
Meghann was the perfect person to talk to about the topic of nutrition for runners. Not only does Meghann have all the credentials and education, but she also loves the sport of running and has run a speedy 2:57 marathon time. We also love the recipes she has posted on her website. You can learn more about nutrition from Meghann by reaching out to her via her website. She posts informative content on her instagram as well @featherstonenutrition.
“Nutrition Geek. Runner Freak. Performance Fuel for your Life.”