- Follow and Subscribe (on YouTube or your favorite podcast platform)
- We answer Kaitlyn’s question, “What time of day is best to run?”
- Product Feature: Hyperice
WORLD OF RUNNING
- Japanese women’s NR 10k in Osaka
- Hitomi Niiya (also holds Japanese NR half marathon in 1:06:38)
- The Track Meet
- OAC Team coached by Dathan, Leah Falland ran 15:40, Emily 15:44, Joe Klecker 10k debut 27:35 OTQ, Alicia Monson ran a 31:10 10k debut OTQ
- Samantha Palmer 32:11
- Lots of Olympic Trials Qualifiers
- Valencia Half Marathon
- Kibiwott Kandie of Kenya broke the men’s half marathon record by 29 seconds on Sunday at the Valencia Half Marathon with a time of 57:32. Three other men also ran under the previous world best mark.
- Kiplimo was the runner-up, 5 seconds back, in 57:37. Rhonex Kipruto of Kenya was third in 57:49, and Alexander Mutiso of Kenya was fourth in 57:59.
- Mens half went out in 13:37 for 5K and 27:25 for 10K.
- Genzebe Dibaba of Ethiopia won her half marathon debut in a time of 65:18.
- Dibaba set a record for the fastest debut half marathon.
- American Emily Sisson ran the half marathon, getting a 4 second PR 67:26 but missed the American record by only 1 second.
- Valencia Marathon
- Peres Jepchirchir wins in a course record time of 2:17:16.
- American Jordan Hasay finished in 2:33:51.
- Evans Chebet of Kenya won in a sprint finish over Lawrence Cherono. Chebet finished in a course record time of 2:03:00.
- Keira D’Amato- USATF Athlete of the Week
- Team Agar- Johnny and Jeff completed a half Ironman with PRs in the swim and bike
MAIN TOPIC: What habits reap the greatest rewards?
What are the key factors that play into success? Well, we went to a very successful runner for the answer to this question. Charlene Lipsey helps Andi and Zach discuss the habits which reap the greatest rewards.
About our guest: Charlene Lipsey
World Record Holder, USA Indoor Champion, Middle Distance Specialist
Charlene Lipsey is one of the fastest 800m runners in the world with a blazing 1:57.38 personal best in the event. In 2017, Charlene was part of the Team USA team who earned the World Record in the 4x800m race. In the same year, Charlene was the USA 1,000m champion indoors. She also individually competed for Team USA at the world championships. Charlene has quite the range with a personal best full mile time of 4:27.28 and a 1500m time of 4:10.44.
As promised, here is Charlene’s 1:57 800m run where she earns 2nd Place at IAAF Diamond League Lausanne