WORLD OF RUNNING
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen broke the Norwegian road 5k record (in an actual race! – and his brother, Henrik, did too, 2 seconds behind)
- Louis Falland and Leah O’Connor got married (talk about a super-fast couple!). You can hear interviews with both on previous episodes here: Leah shared about Feeling Powerful Again and Louis discussed the raw simplicity of Track and Field
- Hayward Field (THE track stadium) is almost finished and looks gorgeous! (thanks for sharing, Cody Risch)
- How fast can a guy run a mile while dribbling a basketball? 4:37, in this case. (thanks for sharing, Benjamin Murray)
GUEST BIO: SAMANTHA PALMER
College: Iowa State, Big 10 Conference Champion
Coach: Tony Houchin
- Debut marathon winner. Check out this story about Palmer’s first marathon.
- 2016 Olympic Team Trials Marathon Contender
- 4th Place finish at the 2017 U.S. Marathon Championships
- World Olympic Standard achieved at Frankfurt Marathon- personal best time of 2:29:07
- 2020 Olympic Team Trials Marathon Contender
INTERVIEW: SOMETIMES YOU WIN. SOMETIMES YOU LEARN.
Going all-in to chase a dream is necessary for finding our highest success in anything. Palmer knows how to execute this with passion. Find out how Palmer learns to wield her knowledge of herself to benefit her perspectives as a competitive athlete. “You win some. You learn some.” These wise words from her college coach have stuck with her to help her navigate the highs and lows of the sport.
We also talked about how as a high achiever it can be difficult not to be self critical and fall into the trap of comparison. Palmer wrote an article called, Be Kind to Yourself. We discuss what she means by this and why it’s important.
“BE KIND TO YOURSELF.”