- Follow and Subscribe (on YouTube or your favorite podcast platform)
- Listener comment from Corey on YouTube regarding last week’s podcast with Nathan Martin.
Such a great interview. Belief, Action, and Trust! So good!”
- PRODUCT FEATURE: MOBO BOARD 10% OFF at with discount code ATOZRUNNING10
- EXCLUSIVE RACE DISCOUNT: Rivertown Races in Grand Rapids Michigan on April 24th. Races include 5k, 10k, and half marathon. Use the code: atoz_2021
WORLD OF RUNNING
Parker Stinson wins Naples Half Marathon
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP FROM PARKER
- If you haven’t checked out his episode, tune in to hear Parker talk about Running Under Pressure.
- Molly Seidel, under new sponsor PUMA
- 1st place in PR time of 1:09:20
- Hoka Project Carbon X 2 100K race on January 23 in Chandler, Arizona
- Walmsley ran 6:09:25, shattering the American record of 6:27:44, set by Max King in 2014.
- Missed the World Record 6:09:14, set by Nao Kazami in 2018
- Texas A&M Freshman
- 40-year-old collegiate record, taking .76 sec of the previous record
GCU indoor meet
MAIN TOPIC: WHAT MAKES A GOOD RACE?
We all want a good race. Every person who toes the line wants to unveil their potential for the day. There are elements of physical preparation, a curated mindset, fueling considerations, race day nuances, among other things that play into the result of our race efforts.
Alicia Monson gives us the inside scoop of what makes a good races, and she has had plenty.
About our guest: Alicia Monson
Alicia Monson is a newcomer to professional running, but no stranger to racing. Alicia previously ran for University of Wisconsin where she was a multiple Big 10 champion and 5x All American. She also holds the Big 10 record in the 3k which also earned her the school record at the University of Wisconsin. She has earned Athlete of the Year and multiple Scholar athlete awards.
Most recently, Alicia rocked her professional debut for OAC in the 10k running the 9th fastest time in US history. Her time was 31:10.
With her trending improvements, Alicia is an olympic hopeful in either the 5k or 10k.
In the episode we mention a phenomenal video of Alicia as she cheers her teammate on WHILE winning a race. Check it out.