- Zach has a new coach!
- The Ripleys are campers and runners. We recently wrote about some running and camping tips, including one Andi mentions on the podcast. Check out all the tips here.
- One of our guests favorite books happens to be the same as Zach’s, Running Rewired.
WORLD OF RUNNING
- Donavan Brazier runs 1:43.84 in His 800 Opener
- Bowerman Track Club ladies set the women’s world record in the 4x1500m relay, Colleen Quigley, Elise Cranny, Karissa Schweizer, and Shelby Houlihan run 16:27.02.
- Runner’s World: best stuff of 2020
- Tracksmith has a line optimized for … swimming?
MAIN TOPIC: THE ART AND SCIENCE OF STRENGTH
Strength is an art and a science. The repetitive motion of running can cause break down and injury, therefore we must support our efforts with stability and strength training. On this week’s episode we have fitness trainer and Owner of Kaylin Russeau Fitness and Core for Runners (we call her the “fitness artist”) on the show to give us a deep dive into what a runner should be doing to maximize performance and reduce injury.
We discuss core, glutes, hips, movement patterns, stability and more.
About our guest
Kaylin Russeau is a fitness trainer and owner of Shred Shed (and Shred Shed Online). Kaylin is also an elite level runner with PRs of 2:13 in the 800 and 4:28.72 in the 1500m.
Here are the exercises mentioned by Kaylin Russeau Fitness to improve mobility, runner strength and core control.
Here is a FREE class to try with Kaylin Russeau Fitness known as Core for Runners.
Core for Runners Training was developed to help other runners unlock their potential as an athlete, lower the risk of injury and to improve overall form through improving our foundation.
Join NOW, August Core for Runners
This is an online class of a weekly workouts with an option of a class on Zoom with fellow runners. This class starts August 5th!
SIGN UP FOR AUGUST CORE FOR RUNNERS
Coming to You Soon…
Kaylin’s Core for Runners programs designed for all level of fitness! These workouts are short segments that focus on foam rolling, mobility routines, core workouts and runner circuits.
Level 1 – New to Core Training
Level 2 – Intermediate Core Strength
Level 3 – Advanced Core Training
YouTube: Kaylin Russeau Fitness
LIMITED TIME OFFER: If you are a subscriber, you will get the “Running Foundations: The 3 Keys to Thriving” when it goes live. Subscribe HERE.
🎧 Running Foundation: Aerobic Condition
🎧 Running Foundation: Strength and Mobility
🎧 Running Foundation: General Health & Wellness
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!