What if persistence pays off in the end? We must believe that it does. Day after day and mile after mile we grind toward our goals. Joe Niemiec, shares his journey of persistence to realize his dream of both qualifying and competing in the 2020 Olympic Trials Marathon in Atlanta.
Joe’s dream met reality every single day as he persisted through mountaintops and valleys. Joe ran thousands of miles over 4 years to find himself completing the goal of the 26.2 at the Olympic Trials Marathon.
Hear the story we all want to hear: when persistence pays off!
The World of Running
- Virtual track meets may salvage track season.
- This article by Runners World does not have the full story about fuel for marathoners. You should probably read this article about fats too.
Main Topic: When Persistence Pays Off with Joe Niemiec
Guest Background: Joe Niemiec
Running club: Greenville Elite Track Club
Hometown: Zeeland, Michigan
Alma Mater: Cedarville University
- Qualifier for 2020 USA Olympic Team Marathon Trials
- 2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Finisher
- 2nd American at the Houston Marathon
- Half-Marathon – 1:06:49
- 25K (road) – 1:19:52
- Marathon – 2:17:23
Joe’s motivating mantra: “The Lord is my Shepard.”
As promised, here is the photo that Runner’s World featured about Olympic Trial Qualifiers.
If you loved this episode, please rate, review, and share!